New Beginnings operates an Emergency Shelter located on N. Nebraska Avenue in Tampa, FL. Our shelter serves adult males and females with a 40 bed capacity and operates 365 days per year. Admission is based on availability which changes daily. The New Beginnings Emergency Shelter provides a clean, safe, substance-free environment designed to assist homeless persons in taking critical steps to stabilize their lives. Services provided include:
- Criminal background reviews are conducted on all applicants. Any open arrest warrants must be resolved by applicant prior to admission.
- Assistance in obtaining government issued identification which is necessary for employment and to access social service resources.
- Clients are provided with information and guidance to access additional social services.
- Basic hygiene items are provided and all clients must shower daily at the Shelter.
- Clients are provided with appropriate clothing and footwear to maintain personal hygiene & dignity and for employment purposes.
- Clients are provided with assistance in obtaining gainful employment. Limited transportation to qualified job sites is provided.
- Clients are required to stay drug & alcohol free. Random drug tests and breathalyzer tests are administered.
- The Shelter maintains a zero tolerance policy towards any form of violence or threats. Twenty-four hour security is provided.
- Clients are assessed for placement into New Beginnings Transitional Housing Program.
- Client demographics and outcomes are recorded & tracked using the Unity Information Network which is maintained by the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative.
The New Beginnings Emergency Shelter provides services to >500 unduplicated individuals per year. If you or someone you know needs help, please contact us by clicking below: